Sunday 9 November 2008

the road ahead




Micro shots of some fabric, rust based, shibori dye works that I did a while ago...trying to flip the switch in the brain...from making paintings to infusing fabric with colour.

My daughter the other day was worried about the process of 'dying', because she felt that I would never come back! Poor thing, I had to explain...

Today I was looking at the artist Hiroyuki Shindo and loved his/her? indigo clouds...was thinking about my own storms and clouds... loved the way the installations are so minimal yet powerful, the Japanese have a way of balancing the complex so simply. Profound. I also love the way Shindo stitches panels together to make one work.

I also realise today that i intentionally don't like using good grammar...might have to address this at some point however.

No comments:

Post a Comment