Wednesday 25 February 2009

skooL - heART room

diagram of the pumping heart

love this man - corpus

well....back to the bedlam of teaching little monkeys in the heART room

this week we have been learning about Basquiat...how to draw simple stuff...also snakes, frogs, rainbows, spectrums and other things.

Actaully the kids do amazing stuff....am inspired everyday by some unthinking act of kids...they do such interesting work....good place to be. Love their work.....I teach kids who sometimes can't hold a pencil, and they make incredible marks.

Anyway here's some stuff:












It is good to be back at work..though I often wonder if I am cut out for it really. But I look through the lens that it is an interesting place to be despite the whinging, discipline and madness that often persists in schools...is teaching me about patience....patience.


Also life is busy: have solo show opening March 13th, just moved house, recovering and ongoing break-up negotiations, never-ending life challenges, life administration, kids to cook for, rolls to mark, programs to write, houses to clean, artwork to make, body to exercise, car to clean, shopping, garden, ahhhh ahhh blahhhhhhhh. At the end of the day, usually around 12am at the moment I am knackered and thinking that what doesn't kill me will m ake me stronger! Oh I forget that Lyrdhan my youngest might have whooping cough as welll! SHIT BRO. I reckon....never rains but it pours or purrs....


Feel like I just talk to myself here in blog world...that's ok...will post some pics soon for work have been making for show...life is just a bit full to breaking and am slogging on...


my final thinking is that i bloody need a sewing machine....my wrist is feeling RSI and am not really happy with the work....it's getting there, but story cloths are amazingly metaphorical and the one i am making now has a crazy way of mirroring everything that is happening to me....


so shit...hello hello onward forwards upside down...don't step backwards


thinking of Lee Scratch Perry who covered the walls of his studio in X's....think basquiat would have approved....think my students would have just asked a million more questions!!! Ha


wish i was a rock again...that was fun, or a frog that was even better.

3 comments:

  1. Fanx for the pix
    life has a habit of going too fast sometimes
    and those speedbumps hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to have abandoned you..was away in the Grampians for a week and out of range of the electronic pixies.
    i have a spare sewing machine...needs a little bit of tweaking but if you want it you can have it when next you come south.
    and those images you posted are just delicious...wish i still had the clarity of vision i had 45 years ago...
    hugs
    india

    ReplyDelete
  3. and another thing....am liking the nice new header and the Cottleston Pie quote!

    ReplyDelete